Monday, May 24, 2010

I need some help with Visual C++ Really Basic Question?

I need to know the very easiest thing and simplest thing possible, which is simply:


when you have a file in C++, and a command prompt window open, what do you type into the command prompt in order to navigate to that file that the C++ file is in?


For example, my file is called "mlpmain.cpp", and the folder that that file is in is called "Neuro"


I did it last year and cannot for the life of me remember - but I would be so massively grateful for this tiny bit of info - it's so important!

I need some help with Visual C++ Really Basic Question?
windows or unix?





windows:


"dir" will list out the dirs/files in your current directory


"cd" will change directories





"cd neuro" would get you into that directory you want.





unix:


"ls" same as dir in windows


also in unix, you could run this command "find / -name mlpmain.cpp" and it will tell you where its at.
Reply:cd \Neuro





Also try:





Help CD


No comments:

Post a Comment